Novozymes does not promote or support the use of enzymes as Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) or excipients. Novozymes enzymes are industrial bulk products and are not produced according to pharmaceutical standards. Novozymes does not analyze all impurities and/or carry over in the enzyme product. If enzymes are used as process aids, it is the responsibility of the API or excipient manufacturer to assure that the enzymes are suitable for the intended use, including but not limited to evaluation of purity and absence of carry over in final API or excipient product.
This product contains enzymes. While enzymes are safe to use in consumer applications, they need correct handling in working environments to ensure workers’ safety.
Indeed, repeated inhalation of enzyme dust or aerosols resulting from improper handling may induce sensitization and may cause allergic type 1 reactions in sensitized individuals.
Please follow the precautionary handling recommendations below:
- Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing
- In case of inadequate ventilation wear respiratory protection
- IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing
- If experiencing respiratory symptoms: Call a POISON CENTER or a doctor
- Store in a dry place. Store in a closed container
- Dispose of contents/containers in accordance with local regulations
For more safety information, please watch the entire series of safety videos.
Sustine® 420 is a water-soluble biocatalyst and 2-3 aqueous extractions will remove all enzyme content.
All our products for biocatalysis
Find the right solution for you in our global portfolio, shown below. To find out more about products available in your region, get in touch with your local Novozymes representative.
Our enzymes are not compliant with pharmaceutical manufacturing standards. They should not be used as APIs or excipients.