By using Catazyme® to remove residual hydrogen peroxide from milk used in cheese production, you allow healthy bacterial cultures to thrive. These give your cheese distinct flavors and textures.
Removes unwanted hydrogen peroxide
Bacterial cultures play a key role in developing the flavor and texture of cheese. Hydrogen peroxide inhibits their activity. This product removes hydrogen peroxide by dismutating it into dioxygen and water.
This product contains enzymes. While enzymes are safe to use in consumer applications, they need correct handling in working environments to ensure workers’ safety.
Indeed, repeated inhalation of enzyme dust or aerosols resulting from improper handling may induce sensitization and may cause allergic type 1 reactions in sensitized individuals.
Please follow the precautionary handling recommendations below:
- Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing
- In case of inadequate ventilation wear respiratory protection
- IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing
- If experiencing respiratory symptoms: Call a POISON CENTER or a doctor
- Store in a dry place. Store in a closed container
- Dispose of contents/containers in accordance with local regulations
For more safety information, please watch the entire series of safety videos.
Speak to an expert
Which solution is right for you?
Find the right solution for you in our global portfolio, shown below. To find out more about products available in your region, get in touch with your local Novozymes representative.