Novozymes (“we”, “us”, and “our”) is committed to protecting your personal data.
We collect and process your personal data in various ways, depending on the context of your interaction with us and the products, services, and features that you use. We do so in accordance with the applicable data privacy rules, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
This policy describes our data processing practices when you:
- Are working for or with one of our current or prospective suppliers, customers, distributors or similar channel partners, or other stakeholders including investors.
For internal rules applicable to the processing of personal data regarding employees within the Novozymes Group, reference is made to the Employee Handbook. For rules applicable to processing personal data regarding job applicants, reference is made to Novozymes’ recruitment system.
If you have any questions concerning the processing of personal data within the Novozymes group of companies, please contact us here.
The personal data we collect and why – when you are a user of our Website
The Website collects the following personal data about you:
1) name, e-mail address and other identification details (contact information) when voluntarily provided by you, e.g., in connection with sign-up for our newsletter or setting up a profile/account on the Novozymes websites and solutions.
2) name, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment information (including credit card numbers), IP address and e-mail address when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Website or when you add such information to your profiles and accounts on the Novozymes websites and solutions.
3) additional information provided by you as part of your profiles and accounts on the Novozymes websites and solutions.
Your contact information will be used for the direct purpose requested by you such as e-mail notification, troubleshooting or visitor feedback. Your contact information may also be used to provide you with information or marketing material regarding our products, in accordance with the preferences you have shared with us.
Further, we process your personal data in order to facilitate your purchase on the Website (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). In addition, we use this information to screen orders for potential risk of fraud.
We process your IP address to customize the content of the Website on the basis of your geographical location (language, product availability, currency etc.).
We process your personal data to facilitate your access to application, information and documents on your profiles and accounts on the Novozymes websites and solutions, including information about your online interactions and purchase history with Novozymes.
The legal basis for such processing of data is our legitimate interest in providing you with information relevant for your transactions with Novozymes and to facilitate such transactions or respond to your requests, cf. GDPR article 6, 1 (b) and (f), and our legitimate interest in maintaining and improving our online content, cf. GDPR article 6, 1 (f).
Your personal information will be retained for as long as it is relevant to fulfil the purpose for which it has been registered. In considering how long we keep your personal information, we will consider its relevance to our business and to legal and regulatory obligations, which apply to us.
If you choose to deactivate your profiles and accounts you have on Novozymes websites and services, you will lose access to your account and will no longer be able to login. We will, however, store the data about you and your purchase for a given period in accordance with applicable legislation.
We have implemented technical and organizational measures to keep your information safe.
The personal data we collect and use when you are in a business relationship with Novozymes
1) We will collect and process the following personal data about you if you are the contact person of current or prospective suppliers, customers, distributors or similar channel partners, or other stakeholders including investors “Business Partner”): Contact and identification information, such as name, work address, telephone, and e-mail address
2) Professional details such as job titles, job function, name of legal entity represented by third party, e.g., employer company/group of companies,
3) Information about current and past relations between third party and Novozymes
4) Information about attendance on Novozymes conferences, training seminars and the likes
6) If legally required for compliance screenings, information about relevant litigation or other legal proceedings or sanctions against third parties
7) Other non-sensitive, non-confidential personal information provided by you to Novozymes and relevant for business relations management
We process these data to communicate with you about products and services offered by Novozymes or by the business partner you represent.
We process your personal data to administer and perform marketing analysis, campaigns and other marketing activities or events, and to improve our websites, products, services, and technologies.
We further process your personal data to be able to negotiate, conclude and execute agreements as well as supplying, purchasing, and delivering products.
We process your personal data to administer and maintain customer, supplier and other business partner relationships and account management and moreover to administer and maintain our investor relations management as well as our media relations management.
We also process your data to maintain and protect the security of our services and websites, to prevent and detect security threats, fraud and other criminal and otherwise malicious activities.
The legal basis for processing of such data represents the pursuit of our legitimate business interest as a company, c.f. GDPR Art. 6, 1 (f) or GDPR Art. 6, 1 (a) if you have provided your consent and to fulfil the contracts, which we may enter into with you or the company you represent according to GDPR Art. 6, 1 (b).
Finally, we process your personal data to comply with our legal obligation, e.g., relevant trade sanctions laws, anti-money laundering laws and anti-corruption laws, finance, accounting and reporting laws.
The legal basis for processing, when required by law, is GDPR Art. 6, 1 (c).
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal data with affiliates in the Novozymes group to the extent relevant to fulfil your specific request. Please see the list of Novozymes’ affiliates here. If required to respond to a request or a question submitted by you, then Novozymes may share your request and your contact details with our relevant distribution partner.
Further, if you have requested to receive marketing communication regarding Novozymes' business and products from Novozymes or from our distribution partners, then Novozymes may share your contact details and area of interest with our relevant distribution partners, so that they may contact you for this purpose.
We also share your personal data with third parties we work with to assist our company, such as IT service providers, data processors and consultants working under our instructions.
Your personal information may also be disclosed to service providers, data processors or other business partners, who assist Novozymes and work under our instructions, both within and outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Therefore, your personal data may be processed outside your jurisdiction, in a country which may not provide for the same level of data protection as where you come from. We will however ensure that the recipient of your personal data offers an adequate level of protection, e.g., through standard contractual clauses.
Please also read below about how cookies set on our Website entail the sharing of personal information with third parties.
If we process personal data about you, you have certain data protection rights:
- You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and to have the processing of your personal data restricted.
- In particular, you have an unconditional right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- If processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before you withdrew your consent. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us at [email protected].
There may be conditions or limitations on these rights. You can take steps to exercise your rights by contacting us at [email protected].
If you are concerned or have questions regarding how Novozymes processes your personal data, you are always welcome to contact us at [email protected]. You also have the right to lodge a complaint against Novozymes with the authority in your country, competent in matters regarding data privacy. See the list of competent authorities in EU here.
Cookies and similar tracking technologies
We use the information to support our marketing and performance efforts, for example, to help create reports and statistics on the performance of the Website and to be able to present you with content and / or ads tailored to your interests across our third-party marketing tools.
Should you have marketing or statistical cookies disabled on your machine or have not consented to these, then you will continue to have exactly the same access to the content of the Website as with cookies enabled, only generating slightly less accurate usage figures for our own internal reports.
Some of the cookies set on our website are set by third parties. In this regard, we will generally act as joint data controllers with such third parties. Such joint data controllership only covers the collection and sharing of personal data of visitors on our website.
This usage information will only be used within Novozymes and our relevant partners to increase the quality of content, service, and support for our visitors and customers and to display relevant online advertising. Statistical information may be made public from time to time, like information about number of visitors and users have visited the Website etc.
In case you do not wish to accept cookies or if you want your browser to tell you when a cookie is placed, you can easily remove and manage all cookies installed on your browser by following the instructions from your browser.
- Google Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en)
- Internet Explorer / Edge (https://support.microsoft.com/da-dk/topic/description-of-cookies-ad01aa7e-66c9-8ab2-7898-6652c100999d)
- Mozilla FireFox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox)
- Safari Desktop (https://support.apple.com/en-en/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac)
- Safari iPhone, iPad or iPad Touch (https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201265)
- Android-browser (https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/54068?visit_id=1-636586460409191609-3183169074&hl=en&rd=1)
- Android Mobile version (https://discover.hubpages.com/technology/How-to-delete-internet-cookies-on-your-Droid-or-any-Android-device)
- Opera (https://www.opera.com/no/use-cases/clean-browser-and-remove-trackers)
If your browser is not listed above, please do read the documentation from your browser provider to delete and opt-out of cookies in your specific browser. If you do deactivate all cookies (including functional cookies) there may be some functions on our websites that you cannot use.
You can read more about cookies on this website by clicking here, where you will also find the overview of the privacy policies of relevant third parties placing cookies through your use of our Website.
Any questions, comments, suggestions, or the like that you may forward or transmit via the Website will become and remain the property of Novozymes and will be treated as non-confidential, non-proprietary information that the company may use in any fashion and for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, disclosure to other entities, individuals, and Novozymes' affiliates and agents, and Novozymes may freely use such information, concepts, technology, or other information.
Novozymes will of course continue to respect your privacy with regards to this communication.