Flavourzyme® for plant protein extraction is a high quality blend of endo- and exo-peptidases. It provides unique flavor generation and debittering benefits. It’s often used after an endo-protease treatment to adjust the flavor of a wide range of food applications.
Flavourzyme® is effective in most plant protein applications. These include enzymatically hydrolyzed vegetable protein and plant protein functionalization.
Available strengths (range)
Generation of peptides or single amino acids
Peptides and amino acids
Savory flavor generation
Working pH range*
Working temperature range (°C)*
This product contains enzymes. While enzymes are safe to use in consumer applications, they need correct handling in working environments to ensure workers’ safety.
Indeed, repeated inhalation of enzyme dust or aerosols resulting from improper handling may induce sensitization and may cause allergic type 1 reactions in sensitized individuals.
Please follow the precautionary handling recommendations below:
- Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing
- In case of inadequate ventilation wear respiratory protection
- IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing
- If experiencing respiratory symptoms: Call a POISON CENTER or a doctor
- Store in a dry place. Store in a closed container
- Dispose of contents/containers in accordance with local regulations
For more safety information, please watch the entire series of safety videos.
All our products for plant protein processing
With enzymes, you can deliver flavors and textures that take your plant proteins from an alternative protein source to consumers' preferred protein.
Find out more.