Protana® Prime for plant protein extraction is a unique exo-peptidase blend that releases free amino acids from protein. The result is flavor generation and debittering benefits. To achieve a high degree of hydrolysis and intense umami flavor, combine Protana® Prime with an endo-protease such as Alcalase® and a glutaminase such as Protana® UBoost.
Protana® Prime is suited to applications including enzymatically hydrolyzed vegetable protein.
Available strengths (range)
1067 LAPU/g 979 CPDU(A)/g
Generation of peptides or single amino acids
Small peptides and amino acids
Savory flavor generation
Working pH range
Working temperature range (°C)
This product contains enzymes. While enzymes are safe to use in consumer applications, they need correct handling in working environments to ensure workers’ safety.
Indeed, repeated inhalation of enzyme dust or aerosols resulting from improper handling may induce sensitization and may cause allergic type 1 reactions in sensitized individuals.
Please follow the precautionary handling recommendations below:
- Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing
- In case of inadequate ventilation wear respiratory protection
- IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing
- If experiencing respiratory symptoms: Call a POISON CENTER or a doctor
- Store in a dry place. Store in a closed container
- Dispose of contents/containers in accordance with local regulations
For more safety information, please watch the entire series of safety videos.
All our products for plant protein processing
With enzymes, you can deliver flavors and textures that take your plant proteins from an alternative protein source to consumers' preferred protein.
Find out more.